IT House January 27 News Today (January 27, 2020) is the tenth anniversary of the launch of the first iPad by Steve Jobs at the Yerba Buena Art Center in San Francisco. This is the last big product released before his death in 2011.
The original iPad had a 9.7-inch display, a core Apple A4 processor, up to 64 GB of memory, 256 MB of RAM, announced battery life of 10 hours, Bluetooth 2.1, a 30-pin docking station, and a headphone jack. In the United States, models with Wi-Fi sell for just $ 499, while models with Wi-Fi and 3G cellular connectivity cost $ 629.
You can see the scene when Jobs introduced the original iPad in the video below.
The iPad is another device similar to the iPhone. It has changed the way we use electronic devices. Before that, there were some tablet-like devices, but it was not widely adopted until Apple released the iPad.
Apple officially launched the iPad on April 3, 2010. A day later, the company announced that it had sold 300,000 iPads. For the past ten years, a new generation of iPads have been released every year, including a variety of new features and design changes. Here are some important milestones in iPad history:
- March 2011-iPad 2: 33% thinner and 15% lighter, Apple A5 dual-core processor, front and rear cameras and new white options;
- March 2012-Third generation iPad: Retina display, 4G LTE, Apple A5X processor and 1080p video recording;
- October 2012-Fourth-generation iPad: Lightning interface and Apple A6X processor;
- October 2012-iPad mini: 7.9-inch display;
- October 2013-iPad Air: 64-bit Apple A7 processor, 20% thinner, 28% lighter, and narrower bezel than fourth-generation iPad;
- October 2014-iPad Air 2: Touch ID, fully laminated retina display and Apple A8X processor;
- September 2015-iPad Pro: 12.9-inch retina display, support for Apple Pencil and smart keyboard, Apple A9X processor and four speakers;
- March 2017-Fifth-generation iPad: starting at $ 329 with a 9.7-inch Retina display and Apple A9 processor;
- June 2017-Second-generation iPad Pro: Promotion refresh rate up to 120 Hz, Apple A10X fusion chip and narrower bezel;
- March 2018-6th generation iPad: $ 329 starting price with Apple Pencil support and Apple A10 processor;
October 2018-Third-generation iPad Pro: larger redesign with narrower bezels, Face ID, USB-C interface, Apple A12X Bionic processor, up to 1 TB of storage Pencil support;
- September 2019-7th generation iPad: 10.2-inch retina display with support for full-size smart keyboard;
There are rumors that Apple will update the iPad Pro in March. An important innovation of the new iPad Pro is expected to be a triple camera system with augmented reality.